Patalliro - Stardust Project (35mm 4k Scan)


https://nyaa.si/view/1521815

Back with another subbed film scan upload! This was scanned by the kind folks at Kineko Video, at 4k. Some restoration was applied in a few scenes throughout the movie, but not the entire thing. CC was not done on this since the colors look fine enough already.

This is an English fansub of "Patalliro: Stardust Project", a short 48 min-ish film released in theaters. I haven't seen the show yet, so I'm assuming this takes place (story-wise) after it—but this tells the story of Tarantella, an evil organization wishing to take over the world by creating a super weapon made using diamonds they stole around the globe.
Only Patalliro & Bancoran can put a stop to it, but Bancoran has to come face-to-face with a past lover of his, now working for the evil Tarantella...

This was purchased by me from Yahoo Auctions some time ago, for...quite a hefty price 🥴. I don't think this was originally included with the movie but there happened to be an ad for Hikari no Densetsu & Shounen Jump included at the beginning of the reel, funny enough! (Both of these are also on Nyaa, BTW)
Anyways, the movie already has various home media releases but all of them have been cropped down to 16:9 widescreen, despite the movie having been animated entirely in 4:3. I did comparisons of the two and IMHO I feel this movie is best meant to be seen in 4:3.

The subs are taken from a user in the aarinfantasy forums—translation-wise, nothing is changed but I did have to make lots of changes to the subs themselves.
-A LOT of lines were missing periods/exclamation marks/etc...this is something I typically see in subs for Asian live-action movies a lot. It bugs the hell out of me, so I've went and fixed that
-The subs originally included Romaji lyrics for the OP, but none for the insert song that plays near the end of the movie. In order to keep things consistent, I've removed the OP's Romaji lyrics
-Added in a few TL Note disclaimers in some scenes for context on some JP puns in the movie

I think that's it for now. Can't think of anything else I forgot to add in...
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Home (1989) [LD] + Extras

Devil de Story (1983)

Sea Cat (1988) [16mm 1080p HD Scan]