Sweet Home (1989) [LD] + Extras

 


https://nyaa.si/view/1786505
Fansub credits can be found in the link above.

Subbed version of a 1989 JP horror film that's currently stuck on VHS/LD, but seemingly later went on to inspire the Resident Evil franchise? Not the movie, I mean the movie's Famicom adataption. When this movie was released on home media, the director sued the production company over royalties with regards to the VHS/LD releases, and over concerns about whether the movie would have been edited without his consent.

The director lost the lawsuit, and since then this has not been re-released by Toho, presumably because it has left a bad taste in their mouth and they don't wish to associate with it anytime soon.

I had known about this movie for a while now but wasn't prioritizing it in my "to-watch" list. It wasn't until I was approached by Kineko Video when I found out that this movie both had shitty English subs (not surprising for fansubbed Asian live-action movies, sadly) and a shitty VHS rip on top of that. I was given the opportunity to fix up the English subs using a Domesday LD cap they did—the rest is self-explanatory :)

The torrent includes the main feature, a teaser of the Capcom game sourced from VHS, LD scans, and the movie OST as extras.

Also: Spanish subs are included within this release as well.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hello, Marty

    First, I would like to congratulate you for this awesome work, but that is not the only reason I am contacting you, as I recently emailed the Kineko Video team offering an opportunity to add Brazilian Portuguese captions in the YouTube release of Sweet Home, they said I was free to do so, which I did. Now that the work at my end is almost entirely completed, I had some questions about some specific lines in the movie and other minor adaptations I had to do due to the localization process, but they had ghosted me ever since, which makes me feel like I wasted my time doing this.

    As the project manager, I would like to know if you can provide some answers to my questions, and if you could bridge my communication with the Kineko Team to make the PT-BR captions available in the YT release?

    You can find me over discord by this same blogger username.

    Thanks in advance and my best regards,

    Andre F.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Devil de Story (1983)

Sea Cat (1988) [16mm 1080p HD Scan]